The aim of the CHCP Foundation small grants programme is to provide an opportunity for local voluntary and community organisations and/or other not-for-profit organisations to contribute towards the health and wellbeing of people throughout the United Kingdom.
The programme provides grants or donations of up to £1,000 maximum to carry out activities, projects or one-off events requiring an element of sponsorship.
The next deadline for CHCP Foundation small grant applications is 1 March 2017.
Who can apply for a small grant/donation?
In order to apply for a CHCP Foundation small grant or donation you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Not for Profit Organisation, Community or Voluntary Group
- Have a written set of rules, governing document or constitution (copies should be submitted with your application)
- The group or organisation needs to have been in existence for at least one year
- Have an annual income of less than £30K
- Work for the benefit of the local communities in which CHCP CIC operates (this being Hull, East Riding, Knowsley, St Helens or Wigan only)
- The activity/event needs to be in relation to health or wellbeing. This could include dance/drama/football club. This could also include a health or wellbeing learning activity or event.
- Needs to be led by volunteers
- The timeframe for applications being submitted needs to be appropriate to the delivery timeframe for the project or event. As a general rule we would expect successful applicants to spend the award within 3 months of receipt.
- We will not fund 100% of project costs - the contribution towards total costs you require should be specified in Section 4, including how much other money has been secured and what specifically the CHCP award would be used for.
How the grants will be managed?
- We have four rounds of grants/donations per financial year in July, November and March.
- Application will need to be in by the 1st day of April, July and November and groups/organisations will be notified by the last day of these months.
- Decisions will be made by the CHCP Foundation panel on meeting the criteria and resource available.
- Groups will only be allowed one award per 24 months.
What do we require from you?
- A completed application form along with all relevant supporting documents enclosed.
- The opportunity to publicise the activity or event.
- After the event/activity a statement on what difference the contribution has made to your group or community.
If you have any queries regarding the CHCP Small Grants programme then please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org